Grow Your Pet Business with RunLoyal’s Features
Does your pet business run on RunLoyal but you haven’t quite mastered how to maximize your revenue?
This blog post is dedicated to our RunLoyal current users (and any potential users!) to walk you through our features that will help boost your revenue while turning your pet owners into loyal, life-long customers.
1. Create Packages & Memberships
Offering your customers packages and memberships has a handful of benefits to your business. It allows you to sell more services than the amount typically sold and gets your customers into your facility more frequently, increasing their chances to buy more in-store. It increases your customer loyalty as well as increasing your revenue and the amount of services purchased.
Examples of Memberships you can offer:
- Annual VIP Membership……………………………….get 10% off all purchases
- Gold Membership………………………………………..get 5 nights of boarding (annually)
- Platinum Membership………………………………….get 10 nights of boarding (annually)
- Pet Resort Club Membership………………………….free 1-1 behavioral and veterinary assessment semi-annually
Examples of Packages you can offer:
- Dog Taxi (30 Day Round Trip)…………………………$540 (valid for 180 days)
- 60 Minute Training Sessions (4 Sessions)…………..$250 (valid for 90 days)
- Doggygarten 20 Day Pass……………………………….$550 (valid for 365 days)
- 10 Day Daycare Pass (Full-Day)……………………….$300 (valid for 180 days)
2. Create a Marketing Campaign
Does the idea of creating a marketing campaign scare you? We know this may sound like a daunting task for some, which is why we made it easy to create and send out a customized marketing campaign to your customers.
You simply filter out your list of customers based on whatever you’d like (the number of appointments they’ve scheduled, what dates they’ve booked in the past, how many pets they have, pet type, etc.) and then create the message you want to send out to your customers.
Your marketing campaign will be sent through your customer’s app and if they don’t have your app yet then don’t worry! Your marketing campaign can be sent to your customer through an SMS text message.
Creating campaigns helps alert your customers of your services, any upcoming deals/discounts, and directing them to your website. You can use them when promoting holiday specials and when you have limited capacity for holidays and need customers to book in advanced.
You can also create discounts and promotions like “This week only, if you bring your dog into daycare you’ll get your next daycare visit half off!”
It’s a great way to bring people into your facility and remind older customers of your services.
Still sounds like a daunting task? We give you pre-made templates so you don’t have to worry about coming up with the content for your first couple campaigns.
Pictured: RunLoyal’s 2-Way Messaging Feature
3. Offer Add-On’s to Your Current Services
Add-on’s are probably the easiest and most effective way to grow your average revenue per appointment. Because what customer doesn’t want to add on an additional belly rub during their pet’s stay? Or add on an extra walk or give them a special treat? We’ve heard from several pet business owners that this was the biggest source of additional revenue and the customers love it just as much!
Here are some add-on’s to show you what we’re talking about:
- Extra Playtime
- Send Pet Photo to Owner
- Peanut Butter Kong Treat
- Frozen Treat
- Extra Walk
- Belly Rubs
- Teeth Cleaning
- Send Pet Photo to Owner
- Extra Belly Rubs
- Extra Treats
- Nail Filing
- Nail Clipping
- Nail Buffer
- Ear Cleaning
- Anal Gland
- Teeth Brushing
- Oatmeal Bath
- Flea Bath
4. Offer VIP Services and Suites
- Standard Room ($50)
- Deluxe Suite ($62)
- VIP Luxury Suite ($70)
Simply adding an elegant flare and making those rooms for those dogs more luxurious (nicer dog beds, treats, more spacious) you can easily charge $10-30 extra per night for one of those suites.
5. Offer Discounts
Need we say more? Discounts catch the eye of any customer, no matter how big or small. Of course, the greater the discount the greater the traffic, but even offering 15% off a second pet or offering a “buy 4 days of daycare, get one free” type of promotion will bring in more traffic to your business.
6. Collect Customer Reviews
Customer reviews is a different, but effective approach to increasing your revenue. While it may not pay off immediately, customers are far more likely to use your services versus one of your competitors if you have a significant amount of high ratings.
You can easily create custom review forms and send them to customers after their visits and then pick the reviews you want to share to your website and Facebook.
7. Offer Additional Services
- Overnight boarding
- Dog Daycare
- Pet Taxi
- Dog Training
- Pet Bar
- Pet Spa
- Pet Hotel
- Vet Consultations
- Behavior Assessments
- Dog School
8. Establish a No-Show Policy
Customers are far less to cancel their appointments or simply not show up if they are aware of a no-show fee.
This fee doesn’t have to be a large sum by any means, but simply letting your customers know about your no-show policy is a soft reminder to show up to their appointment. You can kindly remind them of your no-show fee several ways when using RunLoyal:
- Appointment reminder email
- Text reminder
- Highlight in customer agreements/contracts
- Have a sign/banner in your facility advertising your no-show policy
- Include a no-show policy statement on your website and visible after someone books an appointment
- Include your policy in your business voicemail/on-hold recording
To learn more about reducing no-shows with RunLoyal: How to Decrease No-Shows at Your Pet Business
9. Get Detailed Financial Reports
See which services you are selling the most and least of and filter that information out by service, revenue, average revenue, staff member, time frame, and more.
This is a great way for your business to see where it is most profitable and helps identify any areas that could be improved upon.
Here are just some of the categories you can get those detailed reports on:
- Immunization Reports – see the status of immunization reports of your pets
- Revenue by Service – Displays all service revenues for a given time period broken down by science
- Pet Owner Details – Displays all pet owner’s details
- Pet Details – Displays all pet’s details
- Customer Spend – Displays all customer spend for a given time period broken down by customer
- Boarding Occupancy – Displays all boarding occupancies for a given time period
- QuickBooks Sales Receipts Details – Displays invoice line item detail level for importing into Quickbooks
- Revenue by Staff – Displays all service revenues for a given time period broken down by service and staff
- Tip Report – Displays all tip amounts
- Package Details – Displays all packages purchased by clients with remaining credits
…and so much more!
10. Sell Retail
Want to increase your average revenue per transaction? An easy way to do this is by displaying your retail section near the checkout so customers get a clear view of what you’re selling.
Sell items like treats, bones, dog accessories and more that are impulse items that are easy for customers to throw in when a checking out.
We suggest items under $20 are best to display at checkout. And don’t forget about your humans! Offer retail like cold drinks, snacks and convenience items for your pet owners.
Some retail examples:
- Pet treats
- Dog bones
- Pet toys (balls, stuffed animals, kongs)
- Poop bags
- Dental treats
- Pee pads
- Dog wipes
- Pet food
- Pet cleaning supplies (urine cleaning spray, wipes, cleaning fragrances, odor remover)
- Pet clothing (bandanas, outfits)
For Pet Owners
- Cold sodas
- Cold waters
- Candy bars
- Gift cards
For more, read our blog on the 10 Best Products to Sell at Your Pet Business